A PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM WITH
LOCAL HIGH SCHOOLS & COLLEGES
Our “United We Shine” partnership program is a performing arts initiative that brings together our talented special needs performers with the music and theatre students from local high schools and colleges.
It is a unique and entertaining fundraiser that fosters inclusivity between the special needs community and the community of the schoolto help promote understanding and friendship.
Shining Stars Network has been creating opportunities in the performing arts for the special needs community since 2012. We currently have a cast of over 40 special needs stars, who along with their high school “buddies and mentors” perform at various venues, including the professional stages of the Union County Performing Arts Center and the iconic Paper Mill Playhouse, where we will co-produce a show on August 8, 2020.
Our “Evening of Shining Stars” performances have drawn audiences of more than 1,000 in each of the last two years!!
As we look to continue our mission of providing inclusive opportunities for our cast members in the performing arts, our “United We Shine” program allows us to create relationships with even more schools and communities.
Here’s How The Program Works
Our Shining Stars will come to your school for a one-night performance, featuring our talented and inspiring special needs cast, highlighting their singing, dancing, and choreography. The 90-minute show will also put the spotlight on your performing arts students, who will also perform several songs in the show — culminating with a memorable finale when all the performers come together for one final song!!
What we ask from our “United We Shine” Partners
- THE VENUE: The partner school will host the event.
- TICKETS: Will sold locally by the school and online on our ticketing platform.
- MARKETING: Our partners’ will help us market the show.
- REHEARSALS: Typically, we would like to have a full rehearsal the night before the show, which would include performers and tech staff getting to know one another while also rehearsing the final song.
What Shining Stars Network Provides
- Shining Stars Network, Inc. is fully insured and will provide a certificate of insurance prior to the show.
- Partner schools will be listed on our web site as an official United We Shine” partner and will be presented a banner.
- We will also encourage our partners’ local special needs students to join the performers onstage in one or more of the performances to further promote the inclusive aspect of the program.
- Ideally, shows will be held on Friday or Saturday night.
OUR UPCOMING SHOWS:
Friday, May 29, 2020:
New Providence High School – 7PM
Thursday, June 4, 2020:
Saint Dominic Acadamy, Jersey City – 7PM
TICKETS ON SALE MARCH 1ST
For more information on becoming a “United We Shine” partner.
Contact Mike Curci: